Daycares usually operate during the day and there are two different kinds of daycares:
- Long daycare usually operates from morning to evening around 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. The child is dropped off by their parents in the morning, then stays at school until the evening when their parents come back for them.
- Half daycare usually operates from morning to noon around 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Just like long daycare, parents drop off their children in the morning and then pick them up in the afternoon.
Both of them are suitable in different circumstances. Long daycare is in fact ideal for most parents considering several factors in place. The following are some of the reasons that make long daycare convenient.
Reasons for choosing long daycare
· A parent spends a full day at work
Except for a few, most parents’ work shifts run from morning to evening. Thus, they need to take their children to long daycare where they will be occupied until such a time when the parent will be ready to pick them up.
· A child has enough time to spend with their peers
Since children make friendships in the daycare centres, they will have enough time to get to know each other and play together throughout the day if they are in long daycare.
· Children get to enjoy many activities
Children also enjoy plenty of activities offered in a long daycare as compared to a half daycare where children only participate in activities until noon. Spending the entire day playing improves the child’s blood circulation and encourages healthy growth.
· A parent has little to worry about
You will not have anything to worry about if you take your child to a long daycare centre because you are guaranteed that they are well taken care of. Hence, you will likely have peace of mind and stay focused on your job.
· Strengthens the child’s perseverance
The child will also learn important skills on patience and perseverance because they will have to wait until evening for their parents to pick them up. The child becomes independent in their own way.
· A child learns more skills
Since a child spends more time in the daycare they will learn more skills than the one who is under a half daycare programme.
Remember that you are not just taking your kid to South Launceston Early Learning and childcare to get time at work but you are doing it for both you and your child’s well-being. Therefore, it is wise to let your child have enough time at the centre to learn more stuff.
Tips on finding the best long daycare
The following tips will help you to find the right long daycare centre for your kids:
- Look for a daycare that is closer to your home so that it will be easier for you to drop your kids off and pick them up in the evening.
- Secondly, find a daycare that is well known by people and has a good reputation in order to avoid taking your child to an uneventful daycare centre.
- Make sure that the daycare you select has plenty of fun activities that your child will enjoy throughout the day without the thoughts of being away from parents cross their minds.
- Lastly, find a long daycare that has a highly experienced staff that is capable of meeting your child’s unique needs at any time.